To use a Neutral ATM Bitcoin machine you only need to follow a few steps and it takes little time to complete a transaction.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Once at the machine this is the interface you will see
1. Click “Buy Range in which you wish to Buy Bitcoin”
For example if you wish to buy $100 worth of Bitcoin click on $0-$500 range. If you wish to buy $730 worth of Bitcoins click $500-$1000.
2. Then scan QR code of your wallet
Using your mobile phone, scan your Bitcoin wallet QR using your favorite app, this wallet is where the purchased bitcoins will be sent.
Note: If you don’t have a bitcoin wallet you may also print a paper wallet (as seen on the screen to the left) at the kiosk itself and import it into a wallet later, or you can download a bitcoin wallet from the App store.
3. Insert cash bills into the ATM
Insert cash into the ATM. The Inserted amount of cash will display on the screen as well as the amount of BTC which you will receive in return.
Note: You will also see the bitcoin wallet address to which bitcoins will be sent.
4. Click on “Confirm Purchase” and the transaction will be confirmed.
5. Click on “Done” to complete the transaction and a receipt will be printed.
After you finished the transaction bitcoins will be sent to the address you scanned. Assure to keep the receipt this is your proof of purchase.
The entire process should not take longer than 3-5 min, the same amount of time that would take you to use regular ATM.
Understanding Bitcoin ATM Warnings
- There are a couple of important factors to keep in mind when using a Bitcoin ATM.
- No Refunds: Due to the nature of Bitcoin, transactions made using a Bitcoin ATM are irreversible.
- Scam warnings: You can not pay bills or services using a Bitcoin ATM, if anyone ask you to do a payment for service or pay a bill via Bitcoin ATM you are probably being scammed, do not do it!
- If you use paper wallet for transactions never send a picture of the wallet to anyone, anyone in possession of your paper wallet or picture of it will have a full access to your funds.
- Never purchase Bitcoins for 3rd parties: you should only buy Bitcoin for your self, never buy bitcoin on behalf of 3rd parties.